Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oliver's First "Official" Hair Cut

I couldn't take the fuzzy hair any longer and we decided that it was time for Oliver to get a real hair cut. The trims that I've been doing above the ears have been working, but it was time for an over-all clean-up. Besides, Saturday was our second day in a row of cold temperatures and straight rain, it sounded like a great rainy day event. Especially since he is getting ready to make his California debut soon when he sees his Aunt Lindsey and Uncle Jeff. His Mama likes a clean-cut boy, so both of the boys (Keith and Oliver) got hair cuts Saturday. We took Oliver to Cool Cuts 4 Kids and they were suppose to take a picture of his first hair cut but their camera wasn't working. Well, it's not like I was going to show up without a camera. Here are (nearly) play-by-play moments from the haircut. Oliver did very well and didn't have any issues with the process.

Oliver acclimating himself with the fire engine "barber" chair Look at all of that hair on top!!
Look at all of that fuzzy hair in the back!!!
Say good-bye to the fuzzy duck-tail coming off of the back.
Wow, that's a big clipper for a little head. #4 in the back and sides blended to the top.
Moving Target!!!
Almost done - Mohawk.
Why is it every child hair stylist puts their hair in a Mohawk?
Oliver sportin' the Mohawk, momentarily.
"Ma, almost done and I'm SO handsome!!!
Wait 'til the girls at school see me now!!!"
"I'm too cool to pose for a photo. I'm just going to drive my truck like a tough guy."
I LOVE This photo! It cracks me up every time I see it.
"Yup, I think this will do"


Back at home, Oliver playing with his toys.

Peek-a-boo, I see you!
Oliver LOVES to play pee-a-boo.

Oliver's new favorite place to play is in the toy cornet. He can spend much of the afternoon playing down there. Every once in a while he'll cruise out to see what' happening. I find it quite fascinating to see what attracts him now that he is crawling. It makes me wonder if he's been thinking about seeking specific things out since well before he was mobile.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hazel wishes she had enough hair for a haircut! :) Oliver looks sooo grown up with that big boy haircut.

Isn't it fun to see where they crawl and what interests them! Hazel loves the computer desk and basket full of all our electronic wires. At least Oliver goes for toys! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails