Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Girls Weekend in Aspen

I am a little behind on updating the blog so I thought I would get a few things up.

I spent this past weekend in Aspen with some girl friends. Keith and Oliver had a guys weekend at home. I think they'll enjoy the Father and Son weekends more once Oliver is a little older, but they survived without Mom for two nights.

Jen, Jessica (From Connecticut), Michelle and Sue (both from Chicago) and I went to Aspen on Friday. It was my first trip there and we had a great time. It was off season so we got good deals and the town was fairly quiet. We spend Saturday at the spa where we soaked up a treatment, the steam room, vapor caves, hot tub and the oxygen lounge. We had to head back early on Sunday because the girls had early flights out. The weather was great and we had a fabulous time. I don't think we saw any famous people, but we were famous in our own mind. Oh - The Aspen High School Prom was at our Hotel. It may sound lame, but we had a good time people watching on Saturday night as people came and went. Jen pointed out that nobody was wearing a purple sequin dress with purple stockings and purple shoes, like what she wore to prom. HA HA!!

Jen, Jessica, Carrie, Michelle and Sue at Social for dinner

I just liked this picture. This is looking up from our lobby. We stayed at Hotel Jerome, which was built in 1896 (if I remember correctly).
I found it highly entertainng that the Fire Department in Aspen couldn't afford to put up new letters on their building. We found out the next day that it is scheduled to be demolished.

I thought it was symbolic that we had two Coors fans and two Miller fans in the group in the months before the Miller Coors Joint Venture. We decided we should capture the symbolism with this picture. However, I will always stay true to the my roots of Coors.

We loved this sign. Michelle and Jen put their own fun touch to it with this pose.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails