Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolution


I'm not a fan of New Years Resolutions   I'm more of the school that we should work to better ourselves all year long, not just in January.  However this year, I do have something in mind.  This is based on some recent events that made me think I need to take this on.  If you know me, you know I'm a social media addict.  This is where I get my news, current events, friend updates, social info, etc. On the downside, as much as it has created an outlet for me to share our current events, it has also given me a sense that I'm connected with friends that live near and far.  In fact, this is a false sense of connection.  I may know what they are up to, but I don't KNOW and I'm not connected like I may believe.  So, I have a New Years Resolution.  Plus, I'm going to take a page from a celebrity blog that I follow and post our families New Years resolutions just like she did.  (You know, Tori and I are TIGHT, whether she knows it or not.)  I cornered each and every one of our fine Ham Fam boys and asked them their resolutions.  Keith knew his, it's been his for a few months now.  Kellan popped his off in 2.2 seconds flat.  Oliver is a thinker and hesitant to commit.  He's always been this way.  (I'll take note to warn his girl friends when they wonder why he won't commit.  He'll drive them crazy!)  Oliver finally agreed to some, but it didn't come without question.

In 2013...  The Ham Fam will once again, have an amazing year.  Life is what you make of it, and we choose to make it amazing!

In 2013... The Ham Fam will have less TV and more music!  Music makes us happy, especially accompanied with a good dance party.

In 2013... Carrie will connect more with friends on the phone.  Hold me to it!

In 2013... Keith will continue with the 1% model of forming new habits.

In 2013... Oliver will become independent with skiing and riding his bike.  No more safety straps or edgy wedgies on the slopes and no more training wheels on his two wheel bike.

In 2013... Kellan will spend more time with his Choo-Choo's.

As a follow-up... Oliver's agreement to his resolution was followed with questions of "HOW?".  He is absolutely on board for these goals, but saying it's a New Years resolution was tough.  We had to explain that this didn't mean it was happening tomorrow, just in the New Year.  He is already well on his way to accomplishing both thanks to a ski lesson on Saturday and his training wheels that are bending nicely to stay out of the way without his knowledge.  Oliver is really no different than many of us.  I already wonder how I will hold my commitment to connecting more with friends on the phone.  Keith has been practicing his for months and has found success and areas of improvement that he would like to continue to focus on.  Kellan is currently carrying around a choo choo so he's well on his way... oh wait... he just dropped it on the floor and picked up a football.  Resolutions are meant to be worked on, not perfected in the first day.  Besides, today is still 2012, so this is just practice.  Resolutions and goals are meant to improve our lives and something to strive for.  If we didn't always have something to strive for, life would be rather dull and boring.  Here's to a fabulous 2012 and an Amazing 2013.  May you strut into 2013 with your head held high ready to face a new year full of high anticipation for nothing short of Amazing.  Life is what you make of it.  CHOOSE to make it Amazing!

PS... I'm still working on Christmas posts.  They are coming!  Be sure to check below to see if they are slowly appearing with back dates.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails