Monday, July 16, 2012

Tammy, this Post is for You

I recently received an email from my friend Tammy (who happens to be my sister-in-laws sister and I'm so thankful that my sister-in-law connected us through the blogging world.) that she was going to comment on my boys wearing the 2012 Gymboree line but she was afraid that people would judge her for knowing the 2012 Gymboree line by memory.  Well... her and I have a special appreciation for dressing our boys well and her and I have been blessed with two boys each.  Her oldest son is much older than my oldest and what I have come to know from her is that even if you dress them in adorable matching outfits when they are young, they may still stick their nose up at those adorable outfits as they get older and insist that collared shirts with buttons are no longer acceptable.  So... with that, I'll take full advantage of their youth and dress them in adorable outfits that come complete with collars and buttons.
In the spirit of Tammy's appreciation for Gymboree outfits, I took these photos of the boys this evening just with her in mind.  In the spirit of it being the end of the day with patience running low, I didn't dare ask the boys for a photo op.  I went au-natural.

Then, after dinner, Kellan gave me a photo op moment.  They were watching a photo slide show on our apple TV and Kellan snuggled up on Oliver.  The camera brought out Oliver's smile and the two of them snuggling was oh-so-sweet.  Even if it appears as if Oliver is being tortured in an awkward leg position, they were in a completely happy place.  These two ooze with love for each other.
So for now, I'll dress these two boys up like my own personal paper dolls.  When the time comes that they stick their nose in the air at their mothers good taste I'll turn to my nieces for a fashion fix.  I'm sure they won't mind being a bit spoiled in a sea of boy cousins.

1 comment:

Jedi Mama said...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha! I love it! And just remember that MY son was the one who said (as a first grader), "Hey, Mom? Why do most of my shirts have this dumb guy riding a horse and carrying a stick on them?" Mr. Lauren would not have been happy to hear that. And I dressed the boy in collars and buttons ALL. THE. TIME. Hubs always said he looked like he should be enrolled in a private prep school! At any rate, I love the boys' Gymboree clothes, and we'll look forward to Thing 2 wearing those EXACT OUTFITS after they've passed from Oliver to Kellan to William to Isaac and then to Thing 2...

Related Posts with Thumbnails